First Nations recognition
We advocate for recognition and respect of the rights of all First Nations peoples
Acknowledgment of Country
Our office is located on the lands of the Whadjuk people from the Noongar nation.
We acknowledge the Noongar people and the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their Elders past, present, and emerging and extend that respect to all First Nations peoples.
Our commitment to First Nations people
Through key relationships with our community partners and Indigenous Corporation clients, we advocate for recognition and respect of the rights of First Nations peoples and seek to empower First Nations peoples. As part of our commitment:
- We support the Uluru Statement and the adoption of a First Nations voice enshrined in the Constitution
- We have consulted with the Commonwealth government on vital reforms to the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006
- Bennett is a proud associated partner of Murlpirrmarra Connection and legal partner of Ember Connect and provides ongoing pro bono support to assist in their work
- We donate funds to support the Aboriginal Women’s Legal Education Trust
- We facilitate training and job opportunities for First Nations peoples
To learn more about our commitment to First Nations peoples, please contact our People and Culture Manager.