Michael is the head of Bennett’s Corporate and Commercial team and has a core focus on contractual and commercial issues in mining and aerospace, with specific interests in technological and defence industry-related issues. Michael holds a Master of Laws (By Research) from Murdoch University in Aviation Law, focusing on global drone regulation.
Michael co-leads Bennett’s Defence, Aerospace and Technology team and, sits on the Executive Committee of the Aviation Law Association of Australia and New Zealand, being president of the Perth Branch. In addition Michael sits on the Aviation/Aerospace Australia’s Green Skies Committee and two working groups for the Australian Association for Uncrewed Systems. Michael was a finalist in Aviation/Aerospace Australia’s Distinguished Leadership Award for 2020 for his long-term endeavours in relation to the Australian drone industry.
- Commercial contracts and Corporations Act issues
- Mining and mining contract issues and disputes
- Pre-Action Discovery Applications
- Trade practices and consumer law claims
- Aerospace law (including relating to remotely piloted aircraft systems or drones).