Nicholas has experience and acts in all Western Australian and Federal civil jurisdictions, industrial tribunals and anti-discrimination commissions, including the Supreme Court of Western Australia, the Federal Court of Australia, the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia and the Fair Work Commission, including appeals to the Full Bench of the Commission.
- Nicholas advises on and acts in matters involving:
unfair dismissal, general protections and breach of contract claims;
- investigations into employee misconduct, including fraud, theft and sexual harassment;
- compliance with the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth), enterprise agreements and Modern Awards;
- breaches of post-employment restraints of trade;
- breaches of directors’ duties;
- misuse of confidential information; and
- contraventions of whistleblower protections under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
Nicholas also has experience in general commercial litigation and Royal Commissions and Commissions of Inquiry. Nicholas was previously the Solicitor Assisting the Inquiry into the City of Perth where he appeared as Counsel Assisting at public and private hearings of the Inquiry.
Nicholas recently appeared as junior counsel in the Federal Court of Australia in Power Ledger Pty Ltd v Griffiths  FCA 624.